CROCKPOT CHICKEN MARSALA RECIPE
Looking for a fancy dinner but don't have time to prep? Skip take-out and make this fantastic Crockpot Chicken Marsala Recipe
4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 Cup of Flour (or Gluten Free flour mix)
3 Tbsp Olive oIl
2 oz prosciutto (or bacon)
8 oz sliced mushrooms
1/3 cup dry marsala wine (or chicken broth)
1/3 cup Chicken Broth
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Place flour in shallow bowl and season with salt & pepper.
- Coat the chicken evenly with the flour, shaking off the excess.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Brown the chicken on both sides. Working in batches so you don't over crowd the pan.Transfer to crock pot once browned.
- In the same skillet place another 1 tbsp of olive oil and the prosciutto until it becomes crisp. Remove prosciutto onto paper towels.
- Add mushrooms to skillet and cook until they begin to brown. Once brown stir in wine and broth, scraping up the browned bits of prosciutto stuck to the pan.
- Pour the mushroom and wine sauce over the chicken in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for about 4 hours
- Top with the cooked crumbled prosciutto and chopped parsley.Gluten Free
- Use a gluten free flour and gluten free chicken broth
adapted from : https://momswithcrockpots.com/crock-pot-chicken-marsala/